We seriously had over 50 toppings and if I had been a total jerk I would've taken two plates of salad just to try all of them.
It gave me some ideas though. I eat a salad everyday for lunch and after a few weeks I started getting bored. Which is bad. I started imagining going to Taco Time or Wendy's. Now that the salad bar is over I have all kinds of new ideas for my salads, which has reinvigorated my love for salad.
On my shopping list for next weeks salads are:
- Garbonzo Beans
- Honey Mustard Dressing (My favorite is the Roasted Red Pepper dressing from Kraft, but I'm a little burned out on it!)
- Sunflower seeds
- Romaine lettuce
- Chopped cucumber
- Grape Tomatoes
- Two things of string cheese, cut up and added (I suppose I could just use shredded mozzarella, but the string cheese also makes a good afternoon snack)
- About 4 oz of grilled chicken (I buy the frozen, pre-cooked Tyson Grilled Chicken Breasts and microwave them for 2 minutes...yum)
- Every week or two I'll buy Hass Avocados and use 1/2 of one in a salad, to me they have a very distinct, powerful taste though, so I only use them once in awhile so that I don't get tired of them and so that I can taste the other stuff in my salad
- Kraft Roasted Red Pepper salad dressing, I bought it a few months ago for a pot roast recipe I wanted to try and ended up using the leftovers on my salad and GOODBYE RANCH DRESSING Hello NEW LOVER!!!
I've been eating various versions of the above salad since I started this plan in February, I tried adding a Smart One frozen meal with it, but I really don't like most of the flavors they have. Once in awhile I'll heat up a frozen tamale (one of our clients makes them, brings them in and sells them by the dozen so I have some on hand in case I forget lunch or something). Last week I was feeling adventurous and threw in a turkey sandwich (I know. SEXY!)
The way I figure it, I eat a super healthy breakfast and lunch, and that way I don't feel bad for what I eat for dinner (My husband isn't on a diet or sticking to a plan and I am having a hard time with that...which is a post for a different day...)