Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Loop

Me and The Dog went for our usual walk through the 'hood tonight. I do a route through the neighborhood that I call "The Loop"...It's got this loop right in the middle and it's got this really steep uphill climb. When I first started this route it would take me 50-60 minutes to do it. It's 1.4-ish miles long. It took me an hour. I'd have to stop about halfway up the hill to catch my breath (Luckily The Dog likes to sniff...a lot...so it looked like I was letting him explore but really I was trying not to pass the Hell out).

Pretty soon The Loop took me 45 minutes, with only one stop halfway up the hill.

Now? A month into it? It takes me 33 minutes and I don't stop even once. Lastnight my daughter went with me and we were so busy talking and laughing I didn't even notice that we were going uphill until we got to the top.

I think when I go out tomorrow I'm going to add another section to the route, kick it up a notch or two. I think I'm ready. I really do feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment