Sunday, March 20, 2011

A 3 1/2 mile weekend

This morning when I woke up the birds were chirping. I always consider that a good sign, like maybe they're chirping because they aren't drowning in rain!

We took The Dog to the dog park and walked him out to the end of the trail where the dogs can go swimming. Only...not our dog because he doesn't like the water that much and even if it is sunny, it was still cold.

The walk down and back is a teeny bit over a half mile, so if you throw in our walk yesterday, I did just over 3 1/2 miles this weekend.

My broken ankle is throbbing, and my joints hurt...but as much as I so would love to complain about it, I'm not going to.

Surgery
I had an email from my doctor. All of my lab results came back and even though I can't read them (Um? Hello? Not a doctor.) I'm assuming they are good to go since they were emailed to me instead of in a "Yes, we need to talk" kind of phone call.

I wrote them back, asking what the next step is in proceeding with lap-band surgery and they want me to schedule a follow-up appt with my doctor. I guess that means the ball is in my court now. Why am I procrastinating then? I should be on top of this! Truth is...the more real this surgery becomes, the more worried I become. I'm not worried about dying really...but it's more of a cosmetic fear.

I've seen pictures of people after they've had surgery and they have all this loose skin hanging off of them and that is what terrifies me. How do you get rid of that? Plastic surgery?

Yes, I'll make the appt and I'll go through with the surgery. In the end it is more important to be healthy...right?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. Thanks for joining my blog. Reading through your post I find what you write to be truly inspiring.

    Lap-band surgery is no joke. I personally couldn't do it, BUT you said it. You need to be healthy and that is what's most important. A little loose skin for years added to your life. It's scary but I can tell you will have the strength to get through it! Keep us posted to what's going on!

    ReplyDelete