Thursday, March 31, 2011

Family

My husbands mother passed away yesterday after battling illness for several years. We are on our way down to Southern California in the morning to be with family and attend the funeral. It's very quiet in our house and there's a black cloud hanging over us. I'm asking for strength and patience to get through the next few days. My husband has 6 older brothers and our relationship with them has been strained. I am hoping that we can put those feelings aside in memory of their mother and at least be civil to each other. I still feel sick to my stomach though, imagining being surrounded by them for the next week.

I'm thankful that I'm not necessarily an emotional eater, in fact I'm kind of the opposite. I've hardly had an appetite for anything since yesterday. I've been forcing myself to eat and stay on plan, but I'm really not interested in food.

*sigh*

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about your loss!!!
    I am your newest follower.
    http://www.shrinking-jeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry for your loss and of course your husband's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaand that's what I get for commenting from my phone. What I meant to write was:

    Thank you both! We appreciate it!!!

    I'm still catching up on work, sleep, and laundry on top of battling a migraine but I'm hoping to visit around at blogs tonight!

    ReplyDelete