Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Whining

I feel like maybe my last post was a bit whiney and negative. I'm not normally "that" person, I do my best to stay upbeat and positive and for the most part, it works.

When I first moved in with The Hubs, we struggled financially for a long time. Every time something bad would happen, or we'd take a step back in our progress, I'd go into this long downward spiral of negativity. He called me "The Angel of Darkness" .... I know .... and I still married him! :-)

Having him point out my negativity though, helped me grow. It helped me see what I was doing and how it doesn't solve your problems and even most of the time makes it worse. Now not only are you in this crappy situation, but you're depressed about it...how does that solve anything?

I can feel myself being "The Angel of Darkness" with my weight loss and I'm trying to steer away from that. If I allow myself to get depressed over this the only thing that will happen is I'll get depressed! I won't lose weight. I'll most likely gain weight back.

So. I wrote this whole long-winded post out just to say this:

I'm dedicated to this weight loss. I'm going to have ups and downs. And I'm probably going to whine about it. BUT I'm not going to quit and I'm going to do my very very best to not be "The Angel of Darkness".

No comments:

Post a Comment