Saturday, July 2, 2011

Still truckin' along

I'm feeling better than I was two weeks ago in my last post. I'm still sticking to my plan and getting in as much exercise as possible.

I've not posted any weigh-in updates or posts in between because life has been...well...very busy! My daughter is out of school now, The Hubs is still looking for work, we're in the middle of planning a huge overseas trip and my job is getting more and more stressful and busy.

In the middle of all that, I got my test results back. I don't have Cushings Disease or early menopause, but I do have a slight problem with my thyroid so they have me on a small dose of meds daily. They're not confident that will help me with weight loss, but it can't hurt - right?

Have any of you ever tried natural dopamine pills? I can't remember the name of them and they are not with me right this second...my sister sent them to me and wants me to try them. They're supposed to improve my outlook on life (her words...not mine) ... The Hubs doesn't want me to try them, and I'm a bit hesitant, although curious as well. Anyway, if you've had any experience with them good or bad, please fill me in!

I've gone back to salads for lunch, although I mix it up every other day or so with one of those new Lean Cuisine Steamers lunches...they're all kinds of amazing. They are like the bags of frozen veggies you buy...you put the bag in the microwave, and it steam cooks it for you. The only complaint I kind of have is that you have to scrape the sauce out of the bag and sometimes it gets messy.

I like them better then the ones that come in the plastic trays...someone told me once you aren't supposed to heat food up in those black plastic trays or eat out of them and even though I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, it is one of those random things that stuck with me and I never got over.

My weigh-ins have been going well too! I lost two lbs two weeks ago and yesterdays weigh-in I lost 3 lbs. I'm now back down to 329 lbs. and I hope to keep it going down. I'd really like to be able to use my Wii Balance Board BEFORE Christmas so that I can say I used it the first year I had it! I'd also like to lose weight before our big trip in September!

Anyway, if you're still here reading - I appreciate it. I'm going to try and visit everyone's blogs this weekend! I wish you all well in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment