Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It hurts so bad!

Today my foot was feeling better so I decided to go for a lunchtime walk with some friends. We walked 1.86 miles down to a cafe for lunch and then back up to our office. The walk back is a looooong steady climb up an incline. When we got back to the office I could feel how hot my foot was and it felt like it was slightly swollen. I elevated it on some boxes and put an ice pack on it which seemed to help.

I wasn't done with the self-destruction though. Oh, no I wasn't.

The Kid was performing in a neighborhood parade and The Hubs called me at 4:30 to tell me that her helmet was in the trunk of my car. I left early and sat in The Worlds Worst Traffic Jam for 45 minutes, almost making me late. When I got there and parked, I had to run/walk up a hill on the hard pavement to reach them and then I had to walk down the parade route to where my mom was and THEN I had to walk back up the hill to get to my car after the parade.

By the time I got home I could barely walk and the top of my foot looked like a golf ball was stuck under the skin. Now I'm sitting here with ice on my foot waiting for The Hubs to get home and take pity on me and make me go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment