Tuesday, May 17, 2011

C25K and the Furry 5K

Have any of you tried the Couch to 5K Running Plan? If you have, and you're similar in weight to me, how did it go for you?

Several of my friends are trying it, one is moderately overweight, another just had a baby and is trying to work off baby weight and some excess weight from before. I haven't jogged since High School, which was about 13 years ago. Some coworkers and I were looking over the program and I think we're going to try it together. I told them I wouldn't be doing the training for it at work, but we could do it on our own at home and then work our way up and run in a 5K together, right? That would be fun, and motivational. I was going to try and use my Map My Walk account to track my times and workouts. If any of you are reading this and want to try it with us, let me know and I'll send you my Map My Walk info and we can be "friends" on there and keep up that way.

If I decide to do it, I'm going to start on May 23rd, so that it's a fresh week. I haven't totally made my mind up to commit to it yet, so I'm going to think about it a bit more. I know that if I want to keep up the losses, I need to do something to change my workout routine.

Also, on June 12th me and The Dog will be walking in the Seattle Animal Shelter Furry 5K. I don't think I'll be ready to run it by then, but I have wanted to participate in this for a few years now and I think this is the year to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment